Friday, August 01, 2008

What if...?, by Rachel Smith

We all wonder this sometimes. What if...and the dot dot dot is usually some concern for the future or our health or our finances or even our children. While those concerns may all be very real and valid just wondering and worrying won't change anything.
Prayer changes things.

We are to be told not to be anxious, about anything. This includes all of those what ifs. But rather be thankful and prayerful.

Just for today try to pray rather than worry. Anytime your brain says, "well, what are you going to do about that" answer by praying. Instead of coming up with solutions or worrying about not having any, let God be in charge. Go to Him with everything today.


Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

3 comments:

Jarvis said...

Good word, Rachel. That closes the loop on what the Lord has been saying to me, which is, "Do not be afraid." In my endeavor to be patient I somehow forget to pray, at least in place of fretting. I continually forget that I have not written the script for my life to become like Christ, nor can I always anticipate the next step I need to take. In my world of uncertainties worry is not just fruitless, but a waste of imagination, too.

Lon Alderman said...

Jarvis,

Thanks for leaving a comment! You'd be surprised how encouraging a comment is to us bloggers!

And, I agree with you totally about Rachel's post. As the worry meter climbs we must lower ourselves to our knees.

Again, thanks for the comment!
Lon

heiress said...

Thanks Jarvis & Lon- Let's keep up the circle of encouragement.