Saturday, August 09, 2008

Forged, by Lon Alderman

Isaiah 54:16
See, it is I who created the blacksmith who fans the coals into flame and forges a weapon fit for its work...

I'm attempting, for the first time, to read the entire Bible in a year. At present, I am (only) four days behind. In today's reading in Isaiah, I ran across this interesting passage. It reminded me of God's ongoing creative process.

We are continuously being "forged" into becoming a particular "weapon" for a particular "work". One might think that as the one being forged that there isn't much for us to do but wait for the next pounding or shove into the hot coals. However, there is something the "forged" can do. We can seek the Lord.

As we seek the Lord two wonderful things will happen. First, our relationship with Jesus will grow and flourish as we weather each pounding. Second, God's purposes will become our purposes as we withstand each overheating. In this way He will make us fit for our work.

Seek the Lord!
Lon

2 comments:

Jarvis said...

Someone once told me the other thing we can do is stop jumping off of the anvil! lol

Jarvis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.