Monday, August 11, 2008

What does God really want?, by Rachel Smith

I'd like a sign. You know, a great big neon flashing sign "God's will here"

I've been praying lately for God's will in my life and I got to thinking I better watch what I ask for. Or at least understand what I'm asking for. Thankfully, He did give us a guide book to tell us His will. He also encourages us to enter into an ongoing relationship with Him so we can understand His will.

I guess I got my sign.

1 Thessalonians 4:3 It is God's will that you should be sanctified

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will

2 comments:

Jarvis said...

Here's another little tip...don't pray for patience! Been there-done that. You're right, be careful what you ask for!

heiress said...

Yeah- whenever I have prayed to be more loving I get a lot of unlovable people. When I want to be more obedient, I get some tuff sutuations. God will definately make sure we get what we ask for and some.
He is big into experiential learning!