Monday, August 04, 2008

Do you ever wonder?, by Rachel Smith

Do you ever wonder? I do. I wonder a lot. It seems I wonder even more as my kids ask me those hard to answer questions. "Why is the sky blue?" "Where do leaves come from?" 'Why are they called leaves?" "Why does it always rain on the day we are suppose to go to the pool?"

Too many times my answer is, "Let's google that and see."
The Internet is a great tool and there is a lot you can google, but for the real answers you need the Bible. So the next time you are asked a hard question- see what the Creator has to say.

"Where is snow stored?"
"Does the rain have a father?"
"Who directs the lightening?"
"Who has the wisdom to count the clouds?"
Check out Job 38.

2 comments:

Jarvis said...

Lightening..Mmmm... I know in Job it says that lightening declares the presence of God. I don't know about you but I have lain in bed some nights while an electrical storm raged outside my window; it was very startling ( I mean frightening, but I was afraid to say it!). It flashed and banged literally multiple times every second, for an hour or more. I wasn't exactly thinking about God's presence at the time, but it DID cause me to pray! lol Other times the lightening strike came in the form of a lost job, flat tire, and various other sudden, unforeseen shakings. More times than not my knee-jerk reaction is to be become angry. But, looking back, perhaps it should have been to ask "Lord, are you trying to get my attention?" "Are you trying to redirect my intended route?" I can't tell you how many times those "strikes" have saved me a lot of grief, especially on the road. Can't pass the slow guy ahead of me; minutes later he hits a deer. Hit truck was equipped to take it (big steel plated brush guard on the front)--his vehicle didn't suffer a scratch. Mine when have been destroyed. Another time I was detoured which meant the long way home. Later I found out the short way was grid-locked with an accident. Just something to think about the next time the proverbial lightning strikes...

heiress said...

Very true- we had a spectacular storm about 5am the other morning. I lay in bed wondering if that was sunshine or lightening.
Also thinking about God's Glory and how brilliant God must be for Moses to have shown after being in his presence.
Also thinking about the thunder clapping and the curtain tearing in two. What an amazing sight.
Thanks for the comment.It keeps me wondering...