Thursday, August 28, 2008

Intersections, by Jarvis

Acts 17:26-27
From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.

Lon said "Developing the habit of looking for God," (Presence, by Lon Alderman) and recognizing God, I might add, in every situation, that He is close. I have had a similar week to yours. Too many things flying at me, yet I was calmed and awed at the same time as well. One evening I'm out in the proverbial sticks and my cell phone stops working, conflicting meeting schedules, vehicle making concerning sounds, and last night I snapped my $100 fishing rod in the tailgate, and that was all just yesterday.

All opportunities that tempt you to think you're about to be stranded, alone, or financially drained. This time though I found myself calmly turning and smiling at God, as it were, and without having to speak a word, I handed my dilemma over, and went back to the task at hand.

I am coming to learn that these disconcerting "opportunities" that present themselves are actually intersections, not roadblocks, avalanches, or dead ends. Opportunities to acknowledge God, and his supremacy over your situations.

1 comment:

heiress said...

Thanks to Jarvis and Lon and God for these very timely words. I am feeling more than a little overwhelmed with life changes right now and needed the reminder to give each day to God.

This day- this one right here- is the day the LORD has made.

He made it- created it- formed it into being. He did that just for you and just for me. This day will go exactly as God has it planned. You are merely along for the ride.

Somehow I am more at peace with that knowledge.

Thanks again.