Tuesday, August 19, 2008

300th Post - Celebrate!, by Lon Alderman

Psalm 145:3-7

Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
his greatness no one can fathom.

One generation will commend your works to another;
they will tell of your mighty acts.

They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty,
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.

They will tell of the power of your awesome works,
and I will proclaim your great deeds.

They will celebrate your abundant goodness
and joyfully sing of your righteousness.

This is the 300th Daily Build Up posting! I celebrate the Lord's goodness for it His hand that has accomplished this milestone. Sing praises to the Lord!

Through God's awesome work in this blog, God has encouraged hundreds of people around the world! Praise the Lord!

God is abundantly good!

Lon

PP (ie., post-post) Please send your praises for how God is moving in your life. You can make a comment on this post or email your thoughts to: Lon@AcornMinistries.com

2 comments:

Jarvis said...

Congratulations on your 300th post!

How is God moving in my life? Ironically enough, He's moving by not moving me forward in a sense, until I chose to be still.

The first thought to come to mind was when I was being taught how to shoot at the range. I had some bad habits that were preventing me from moving forward in my shooting abilities, namely, flinching when I pulled the trigger. I was anticipating the recoil and therefore pushing the nose of my pistol downward the instant it went off. This is not good for accuracy. I knew the recoil was coming, and also knew it would not hurt me, but I still flinched. It wasn't until I relaxed when the trigger broke that I made any headway in my accuracy, and confidence as a marksman.

Life it seems has periodic recoiling-events that causes me to flinch, throwing off my hope, peace, and confidence in God. It would also seem that the Lord is not content on letting me continue through life flinching every time some unforeseen (or foreseen) event explodes my otherwise silence. This training for me has been on the 'shooting range' of unemployment (This is the third time I have been unemployed). More specifically, that period of unemployment when the money is about to run out, or has long run out.

Trusting in God is a choice, that has to be based on the integrity of the One you are trusting. It cannot be based on circumstances or events that are out of your control. For too long I have not fully trusted God to get me out of ALL my predicaments, and that choice has robbed me of the abiding peace He promises. Thank you Father, for not allowing me to stay in my unbelief (and fear), and creating situations that once again give me the opportunity to trust You, and prove your unchangeable character--that you are good to the core, and always have my best interests within your heart and actions.

Lon Alderman said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and reflections with us! It is awesome taking this journey with you! - Lon