Friday, August 15, 2008

Reversed Flow, by Lon Alderman

1Thessalonians 5:11
"...encourage one another and build each other up..."

My ministry is to lift the hands of church leaders like Aaron and Hur lifted the hands of Moses. I come alongside pastors and lay leaders to "lift" them through one-on-one coaching, training workshops, or any other way I can encourage them. It's a wonderful honor to be used by God in this way.

And, it can be taxing.

Over the last two weeks God has awesomely reversed the flow! Different people have come alongside and lifted my hands! I have been encouraged in a wide variety of ways. I received kind words, slaps on the back, unexpected donations, compliments, and some very challenging questions.

Thank you to Tim, Jim, Dale, Andrew, Martha, Mary Ellen, Ed, and Ray for your encouragement.

You lifted me!
Lon

No comments: