Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Few Things, by Lon Alderman

Matthew 25:21
His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

My mom tried for years to teach me a truth found in this passage. The subject always surfaced when I was dissatisfied with my job. She would say, "Do the best you can with the job you have and things will work out."

I tend to grow frustrated when things don't go my way. If my frustration gets too overwhelming, then you will find me "looking", again! I think that there must be something better for me out there...I just have to find it.

What I forget is that God has placed me where I am, even if I don't think it's the perfect job for me. And, God has a plan for me to grow in the place He's placed me. He's given me a little bit to handle now, in hopes that I'll handle it and be prepared to handle more later.

Let's be faithful with our few things!
Lon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good words, Lon.

Brian Bill

Lon Alderman said...

Thanks, Brian! You've been a key encourager in keeping me going on this blog and in Acorn Ministries. Thank you! - Lon