Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Postscript on Prayer

Postscript on Prayer

James 1:6-7
…when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord…

In the Access God's Power series (
clear the room, pray, action) I pointed to prayer as a significant part of the process. To this I want to add a postscript.

Our prayer must be without doubt. This passage of James teaches us that we must believe that God can do what we ask of Him. If I pray without confidence that God has the capacity to satisfy my request, then I shouldn't expect to receive what I've prayed for.

To access God's power we must believe that God can answer our prayer.


Pray with confidence,
Lon

No comments: