Thursday, May 31, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Purpose

Purpose

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails

What is my purpose in life? This question haunted my thoughts for most of the first 30+ years of my life. And O the plans I've had! There have been hundreds of inventions that would bring wealth to my door. There have been dozens of jobs that would lead to happiness. There have been thousands of ideas hatched, countless books read, classes passed, and conferences attended. All with the expectation that each would bring wealth into my life.

I'm beginning to wonder if life is not so much about striking it rich as it is about living richly. Rich living seems to center around doing life God's way. God's purpose is to change me so I can become the man He intended me to be. Then, as I grow, God wants to use me to change the world around me.

Despite all the paths I've taken, God seems to bring me back to His purpose of making change in and through me.

Purposefully,
Lon

No comments: