Thursday, May 03, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Humility

Humility

1Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

When I served in the United States Marine Corps I bought a bumper sticker that read:

It's hard to be humble when you know you're the best!

In many ways that swagger lingers in me to this day. Today the bumper sticker would read:

It's hard to be humble when I know what's best!

I tell God almost every day how wrong He is in placing me where I am. I tell Him how bad He's made my circumstances. I tell Him how much more I could do for Him. I tell God how He's not providing enough. I tell my Lord everyday how impatient I am with His use of me. I tell God how I know best!

Humility is respecting God's plan and the timing of it. Humility is relaxing in His amazing arms. Humility is trusting that God does care about me and that that is enough. Humility is a path to peace.

In due time,
Lon

No comments: