Monday, May 21, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Power of Life and Death

Power of Life and Death

Proverbs18:21
The tongue has the power of life and death...

I can't count the number of times I've had ideas shot down by the power of another person's comment. Sarcasm, criticism, and plain-old meanness run rampant in our culture. Clearly, the tongue can be a weapon of great destruction

I'm guilty of killing things with my tongue, too. For example, my eight year-old daughter, Kassidy, has a very unique style of dressing herself. I regularly attack her creativity with my words.

On the other hand, a well placed word can bring forth life.

Today, I received an email from my friend Terry. His simple 26-word message was sent to encourage me to continue publishing these Daily Build Ups. His message was perfectly timed, because I read it as I was sitting down at the computer to create this post. Frankly, I was not looking forward to this project at the end of a very long day. Terry's words put life back into the project and gave me a good theme, too! Thanks, Terry!

Mind your words!
Lon

If you have a suggestion for a Daily Build Up topic, please send them to me at: Lon@AcornMinistries.com

1 comment:

Lon Alderman said...

Terry,

Thought you might like a little fan mail! This came from a great lady that can teach us all something about encouragement. Her name is Judy. Here's her message:

Thanks to Terry.----------------Judy-------