Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Word Usage

Word Usage

Ephesians 4:29 NRSV
Let no evil talk come out of your mouths, but only what is useful for building up, as there is need, so that your words may give grace to those who hear.

The purpose of the Daily Build Up is to use scripture and a handful of additional words to build people up. I hear with increasing frequency that we are succeeding in that purpose. I praise God for the way He is moving in this ministry!

Barb recently wrote:
I just want to mention again how wonderful your Daily Build Ups are…you have been right on target for us, especially [my daughter]. She signed up to have them sent to her and she forwards them to one of her friends. You are doing wonderful work and touching hearts you don’t even know in a very profound way.

The phrase "as there is need" struck me in the Ephesians passage (above). I would love to hear from you when you are "in need". Let me know the nature of your struggle. I'll keep the details confidential, but my hope is that I could locate a passage of scripture to use that would build you up as there is need.

Build others up today!
Lon

If you have a suggestion for a Daily Build Up topic, please send them to me at:
Lon@AcornMinistries.com

No comments: