Monday, May 28, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Remember

Remember

Mark 8:18
Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear? And don't you remember?

Memorial Day in the United States is a time for reflection. We think about things like heroism and patriotism. We remember valiant things from yesterdays gone by. We think about the sacrifices made on our behalf. We think about the amazing things people have done.

Jesus must have been shaking His head when He posed these questions to the disciples. They had seen Jesus perform miracles. Now, as they face a new challenge, suddenly they have amnesia.

I have seen God perform miracles over and over in my life, but how quickly I forget them when a new challenge looms before me. Jesus is still working miracles today. I see them. I hear them. And I forget them.

Please take a moment to reflect on the miracles God has performed in your life.

Remember them!
Lon

No comments: