Sunday, May 20, 2007

Guest Encourager: Rachel Smith

Decisions

Psalm 33
The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD.


Each and every day is made up of literally thousands of decisions; most of them appear small and insignificant. Each of our days knit together to make a week and then a month and a year and so on and on. In the course of a year the millions of decisions made appear so small they often go unnoticed.

What gym I choose and yes even what coffee shop I go to everyday has significance. Who I say ‘hi’ to with a smile and who I walk by. That one smile to that stranger could be the only thread they had left to hang on to. That one chance meeting at the grocery store could lead to a renewed friendship. The impact of it all is seemingly insignificant but all together huge. The reality is life is made up of a series of seemingly insignificant decisions.

The underlying pulse of these decisions reflects our values. What do your decisions say about you? Do your actions compliment your beliefs? Do they contradict? If I profess that family is important yet never seem to have time for those people who live in my house my decisions are not congruent with my belief system. Do my decisions honor God or get in His way?

If we trust God with the big decisions, how much more we should trust Him with the seemingly insignificant

Today choose, but choose wisely.
Rachel Smith


Rachel is an old and dear friend. She is a wife and mother of two boys. She works at Western Illinois University and lives in Macomb Illinois where we originally began our friendship.

No comments: