Sunday, May 13, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Happy 150th!

Celebrating 150 Build Ups!

Since October 2006, I have had the pleasure of posting 150 of these Daily Build Ups! Praise God for allowing me to reach this milestone! To celebrate, I've decided to re-post one of the very first Build Ups which was originally posted on October 16, 2006.

Content

Philippians 4:11-13

...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Paul tells us that the "secret" to contentment is finding strength in Jesus. Talk about counter-cultural! We live in a world that calls us to pull ourselves up by our boot straps and make something of ourselves.


Paul tells us to rely on Jesus. When we focus on Jesus we place our expectations in God's provision, not on what the world teaches us is success. Richard Swenson, author of Margin, states it this way, "Want what you have." What we have is God's perfect provision. Can it get any better than that?

Be content!
Lon

No comments: