Thursday, May 10, 2007

Acorn Build Up: The "Not Yet" Answer

The "Not Yet" Answer

Psalm 37:7-9
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
Do not fret - it leads only to evil.
For evil men will be cut off,
but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

The "no" and "not yet" answers are sometimes difficult to differentiate. For example, applying for a job that someone else gets is probably a "no"; however, it may be that a similar job is waiting for us down the road, just "not yet". Our response to either answer must be patience.

I am extremely familiar with the "not yet" answer from God. I wish I could report that I respond to "not yet" with patience and hope in the Lord. The truth is that I'm not very patient. I want the doors of my choosing open now.

However, I am learning to trust the Lord. The deeper my trust grows the more natural waiting becomes. My fretting and anger are beginning to give way to hope and patience.

Wait patiently,
Lon

No comments: