Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Acorn Build Up: I Know

I Know

Psalm 51:1-3
Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love, according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.

This is a Psalm that I can pray with great sincerity! I know my propensity for selfishness. I know the unclean thoughts that invade my mind. I know my impatience with which I "wait" upon the Lord. I know my capacity for judging others. And the list goes on...

It is my awareness of my sinful nature that drove me to the cross. My sin caused a gap between God and me, and there is nothing I can do to bridge that gap. It is only through God's grace that I can be cleansed. And that grace was purchased on my behalf by Jesus upon the cross.

I need the Lord, because I know...
Lon

No comments: