Sunday, April 01, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Shake the Dust

Shake the Dust

Matthew 10:14
If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town.

Sometimes in life we encounter people that just plain don't accept us. Try as we might, they don't understand our good intentions. They misunderstand our efforts and refuse to welcome us or listen to us. Jesus taught His disciples to clean off their feet of the dust of that town and move on.

Jesus wants us to make the good effort to encourage and build people up. However, if they don't accept our effort, then we're to make a clean break and move on. For me this is a toughie. I am troubled when people don't accept me. But, it's not my job to make them welcome me or listen to me. That is between them and God.

Sent out like you.
Lon

No comments: