Monday, April 23, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Resolve

Resolve

Isaiah 50:7
Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame.

I don't think anyone wants to be made to look foolish. It seems we take precautions to avoid it. For example, I have chosen not to be a swimsuit model. This decision has saved me a great deal of embarrassment. That is a risk that I should never take.

When we take risks the possibility exists that we may embarrass ourselves. Jesus often leads us into situations that, from our human perspective, look pretty risky. For that matter, they are risky if we have to depend on our own strength and wisdom to accomplish them. But we're not alone...

The truth is when God calls us into action He is our help. With God on our side, we don't have anything to fear. So when God calls us we can act with great resolve knowing that God is on our side.

Listen ~ Resolve ~ Act

Lon

No comments: