Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Paradigm Shift

Paradigm Shift

Luke 10:41-42
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

Mary wasn't helping and there was much to be done! Martha wanted the Lord to scold Mary into action. Jesus' answer must have come as a big surprise. Martha and Jesus had a different perspective on the moment.

Paradigms are the maps with which we view the world. We construct them over time and use them to navigate the challenges of life on earth. But, our paradigms can be flawed. Just because I adhere to a certain map, doesn't make the map accurate.

The Lord's ways are not the ways of the world, yet most of my maps have been gathered from my experiences in the world. In my Christian walk, my paradigms are regularly confronted by God. When I glimpse the Lord's perspective my maps have to be redrawn, my paradigms shift.

Test your paradigms!
Lon

No comments: