Thursday, November 30, 2006

Acorn Build Up: Wait (11/30)

Wait

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

Wait. Now there's a tough command to follow! We live in a lightning fast world ready to satisfy most of our interests on demand, yet we serve a God that asks us to wait.

When life hands us a difficult patch, the world advises us to work harder, try something different, or go to battle. In other words, do something about it! God commands us to wait.

Exodus 14:13
Moses said, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today."

I have done a lot of challenging things in my life (U.S. Marines, wilderness backpacking, climbing/rappelling, college, raising children, etc.), but waiting for the LORD takes far more courage.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding...

Take courage and wait for the LORD!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lon! Just one verse down...
I have to add this Exodus 14:14 AMP
The lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest.

I love this "hold your peace and remain at rest", this sounds like a choice to me or this is what God has given me to do. Hold your peace this sounds like action to me, my job.

The Message puts it like this...God will fight the battle for you. And you? You keep your mouths shut!"

LOL! I love this to! It tells to keep my two cents out of it, don't be double minded about it. Just stand back and let God be God.

Peace and blessings to you!

Lon Alderman said...

Amy,

It's great to be blogging with you! And, thank you for your cool thoughts. I tend to want to fight the battles on God's behalf, when He really just wants me to keep my mouth shut! As you know, this is not an easy command for me to follow.

Again, thank you for commenting!
Lon