Sunday, November 26, 2006

Acorn Build Up: "Stay Thankful" (11/26)

Stay Thankful

1Thessolonians 5:18
...give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

I have been experimenting with a gratitude technique suggested by Reverend Phillip Icenogle from the
First United Methodist Church in Pontiac. For the last five days I have substituted prayers of gratitude for negative thoughts. As a negative thought takes shape in my mind, I quickly praise God for something for which I am thankful.

The results of this experiment have been remarkable! First, I quickly lose track of the negative thought as my heart turns to God. Second, I've found that my thankfulness has kept me from habitually traveling down negative thought paths. Truly, I have felt MUCH better during these days of gratitude.

Give it a try!


I'd love to hear about your experience with this technique. Please consider emailing me with your testimony at: lon@acornministries.com

No comments: