Monday, November 13, 2006

Acorn Build Up: "Prayer Team" (11/13)

Prayer Team

Romans 15:30
I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me.

When I struggle I feel all alone. However, I feel very different when I know that others are praying for me. Bill Allison of Cadre Ministries taught me to formalize a team of people committed to praying for me. I've gathered a "Knee-Mail Team" that lifts my requests in prayer. It's awesome having these people join me in my struggles.

In turn, I am a part of several prayer teams for others. When I pray for others I feel like, at some level, I have literally joined in their struggle. I have ached with people as I've sought the Lord for His provision. I have also felt the joy of seeing God's intervention in the circumstances for which I was praying.

I'd love to join you in your struggle by praying to God on your behalf. If you're interested, just email me your prayer request at:
lon@acornministries.com

No comments: