Friday, October 13, 2006

New Home ~ Daily Encouragement

Thank you for clicking on this link!

It is my hope that this blog will bless and encourage you in your daily walk with God. I will make a sincere effort to post a message each day (Monday through Saturday) that will build you up!

For your convenience, you can have these daily posts sent directly to you by email. Simply type your email address in the space to the right, then click the button below it marked "subscribe me". Two quick steps later and you're subscribed! It's that easy!

Did I mention that it's FREE!

Here's today's "build up"...

For most of my life I have looked for joy around the next corner. I'd think, "If I could just get through high school, then I'd be happy."

Later in life I continued that same kind of thinking, "If I only had a bigger house, a better job, or a newer car, then I'd be happy."

Then I read what Jesus said:

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." (John 15:9-11 NIV)

Christ's joy is available to me here and now, not around the next corner! If I obey Christ's commands, I will remain in Christ's love. If I remain in Christ's love, then complete joy is available to me RIGHT NOW!

I pray that you will experience the joy of Christ, today!

Please consider subscribing to the Daily Build Up!

No comments: