Friday, October 27, 2006

Acorn Build Up: "Freedom" (10/27)

Freedom

Galatians 5:1
"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."

At moments I completely understand and appreciate the freedom that Christ provides. I look at the circumstances of my life with a half-grin knowing that they really don't matter. About that time the phone rings, someone cuts me off in traffic, or I realize that I need to head to the next meeting, and the perspective is lost. My posture returns to the stooped position under the weight of responsibility, submission to the world, and, dare I say it, worry!

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

The freedom Christ offers is available to anyone! Everyone who accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior can receive this freedom. I love this quote from Mehalia Jackson.

Mehalia Jackson (1911-1977):
"It is easy to be independent when you've got money. But to be independent when you haven't got a thing - that's the Lord's test." ("Quotable Women", Running Press, Philadelphia/London, 1994)

Are you free?
Lon

Housekeeping Item: I will publish (as best I can) these "Acorn Build Ups" Sunday through Friday. For those who subscribe to the FREE! email service, you will receive these "Acorn Build Ups" one day later, or Monday through Saturday. Any questions, please email me!

No comments: