Friday, October 20, 2006

Acorn Build Up: "Hope II" (10/20)

Hope II

Psalm 130:5-6
"I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning..."

Remember waiting outside the Principals office? You probably don't, but I sure do. There was nothing worse than waiting for the "ax to fall"! Waiting is awful when we don't know what to expect, especially when we see bad stuff in our future.

When we trust the Lord our waiting has a significantly different look and feel. We can look beyond the circumstances of the day, because we trust that God will deliver us. Hope grows no matter what the future looks like. Like "watchmen wait for the morning", we wait with anticipation of seeing how God will deliver us.

Waiting on the Lord!
Lon




No comments: