Monday, October 30, 2006

Acorn Build Up: "Storms" (10/30)

Storms

Mark 4:37-40
A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?"

He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.

He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"


I wonder how often Jesus says those very words about me, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?" The storm gets so strong that it occupies my whole attention. My fear overwhelms me and I shout at the Lord, "Don't you care!"

The truth is that the Lord does care. And, God is trustworthy. It is my faith that is missing!

As the storms in your life brew, keep your faith strong. In Christ you can find calm and peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lon this is how I felt recently, I will use this Blog and scripture to remind me to Have Faith. Thank you.

Lon Alderman said...

I praise God that this blog has encouraged you!

Thank you for taking the time to "leave a comment", because it has encouraged me!

Thanks!
Lon