Thursday, October 19, 2006

Acorn Build Up: "Hope" (10/19)

Hope

Psalm 25:1-3
"To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame..."

Where do you place your trust? If we trust in our skills, wisdom, network, experience, friends, family, or luck, then we run a great risk of ending up in shame. Think about it, haven't we experienced the disappointment and shame that comes when we place our trust in the things of this world? Even the church can let us down!

However, when we place our trust in the Lord, then we will never be put to shame. God will never break trust with us. God is trustworthy! By trusting in the Lord we can look to the future with hope in our hearts.


May your hope be in God!
Lon

P.S. To get these daily messages of encouragement sent to you by email, type in your email address in the box to the right, and click the box marked "Subscribe Me!" Next, follow some simple instructions to complete the subscription. And it is all free!

2 comments:

Jason Woolever said...

hey lon, i actually used this prayer in my prayer time this morning before seeing it on your blog. cool huh!

Lon Alderman said...

Jason - I love it when God repeatedly places the same message in my path. It's kind of like God's underscoring. Thanks for commenting! - Lon