Thursday, February 21, 2008

Build UP: Word Power

Acts 15:32
Judas and Silas, who themselves were prophets, said much to encourage and strengthen the brothers.

I spoke at a meeting of pastors from my home town this week. I shared with them information about Acorn Ministries. Everything went according to my plans until I came to the Q&A time. Then, without provocation, pastors that I've worked with began telling about their positive experiences with my ministry.

It was AWESOME! I felt so affirmed, blessed and encouraged! Once again it occurs to me how much power our words contain. In this case I felt the power of my friends words as they lifted up the work God is doing through this ministry.

But they didn't have to say these things. They could have kept their thoughts to themselves. It still would have been a good meeting. Man, but what a difference their good words made.

Today, let's look for opportunities to say positive words to the people we encounter.

Build someone up!
Lon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lon,

I'm glad you were encouraged!

Brian

Lon Alderman said...

Brian - I felt wonderful! God gave me a real gift through you and the others. Thank you! - Lon