Thursday, February 07, 2008

Build UP: In Secret

In Secret

Matthew 6:3-4
But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Now as you read that passage you're probably identifying with the "giver". I happen to relate more these days to the "needy". As a missionary, I depend upon gifts from "givers" to keep our ministry and my family going. In the five years that God has had me on this path I have received all kinds of gifts.

Many of the gifts that we've received have come in "secret". We've found food on our doorsteps. We've found Bibles and resource materials on our front porch. Once we found dresses for my daughters hanging on the back door. And every now and then we receive envelops with cash in them.

We have been receiving envelops of cash each week for the last four weeks. Despite my interest in figuring out who is sending us these donations, I know that it is God that is providing these gifts. And, this generous person is following Christ's command to give "in secret".

I'd like to use this forum to publicly thank God for all the generous people that keep this ministry moving forward. Particularly, I want to thank Him for the people that have supported us "in secret".

Thank you!
Lon

No comments: