Saturday, February 02, 2008

Build UP: At Once

At Once

Mark 1:17-18

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." At once they left their nets and followed him.

I believe Jesus calls to us constantly. The reason we don't hear Him is that we're running around with our fingers in our ears yelling, "I can't hear you!"

In order to hear Jesus today, we must learn to quiet ourselves. This is very countercultural. Our culture says that the busier you are the better. After all, if you're incredibly busy then you must be important! As people of faith, Who is supposed to be the important One, me or Jesus?


To hear Jesus we have to slow down enough to hear His voice over the busyness. When we finally get to the point that we can hear Jesus calling us, then we have an opportunity to respond to His call. The fishermen demonstrated the appropriate timing of our reponse, "at once". When Christ calls, follow Him at once.

Follow Him!
Lon

No comments: