Monday, March 17, 2008

Build UP: Sufficiency

I had a small case of writer's block tonight, so I asked the Lord to guide me to a topic. The response I received was this:

2Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Had I, with a great exercise of will, determined and written a brilliant post, then I would have been tempted to wrestle the Lord for the praise. After all, I put all my mental powers to work discerning and crafting my thoughts.

My sense of my own power gets me in a lot of trouble. I feed my pride, until God takes me to the limits of my power. He takes me to a place where I come to the end of my strength; to a place of weakness.

It is there that the Lord reminds me of my limited power while simultaneously showing me the limitlessness of His. It is then that my pride is surrendered. It is then that I lift praises to the Lord.

And the next thing I knew, God had created this post!

Praise the Lord!
Lon

No comments: