Thursday, March 13, 2008

Build UP: Forgiveness

Psalm 51:4
Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight...

When I sin I tend to focus on the person toward whom I acted inappropriately. Yes, I've done that person wrong, but the hurt of my action doesn't stop there. When I sin, I sin against God. I cause Him pain.

I heard of an activity once where the participants were given the opportunity to write their sin on a piece of paper. Next, they were instructed to step up to a wooden cross and literally nail their sin to it. Pretty dramatic stuff, but it gets the point across!

As we approach the cross of Christ this next week, let us remember our sin. Let's remember with humility that we are not guiltless. However, let us also more deeply embrace the forgiveness purchased for us by Jesus on that very same cross.

Grace and peace,
Lon

No comments: