Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Build UP: Encouraging Word

Acts 13:15
After the reading from the Law and the Prophets, the synagogue rulers sent word to them, saying, "Brothers, if you have a message of encouragement for the people, please speak."

I had an awesome phone call today! A friend called to catch me up on the recent happenings in his life. In the course of the conversation he shared that my words to him at our last meeting had been a huge encouragement to him. Further, he told me that after our conversation several other friends encouraged him in the same way. The result is that my friend is launching out into an entirely new line of work.

There is a point to sharing this story. Although our conversation was very positive, I don't really remember the specifics of my encouragement. Nonetheless, for my friend, this was a huge moment for him as he contemplated a life change. Let's keep this in mind as we interact with the world around us. Our words have the potential to make a large impact on the people with whom we interact.

Encourage someone today!
Lon

No comments: