Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Renewed Strength

Renewed Strength

Isaiah 40:30-31
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Despite my best efforts to avoid the various illnesses that have followed my family home, I'm starting to come down with something. I thought about skipping the Daily Build Up for today and cuddle up on the couch, but then I opened my Bible.

I did a word search on the word hope and found this verse in Isaiah. As I read this passage I actually began to feel my strength return. It make sense. When I approached the task of writing, which I really love, I was thinking of a writing it out of my human strength, which was pretty much gone tonight.

...but for those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength...

Shifting my hope to the Lord, He renewed my strength. I had ample energy to tackle this Build Up! Where's your hope? Is it in your skills and aptitudes, your experience, or your position? Or, is your hope in the eternal, living, creating God that can lift us up and make us soar?

Soaring!
Lon


P.S. I will be upgrading this blog soon. Please contact me if you have any difficulty accessing these posts over the next couple of days. lon@acornministries.com

No comments: