Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Listen to the Spirit

Listen to the Spirit

Luke 12:11-12
When you are brought before synagogues, rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.

I regularly play out conversations in my head as to how I will respond to challenges about my faith. OK, I worry about what I will say in the heat of the moment. Yet, when those moments come I have always found an answer to the questions. Most of the time I think, "Where did that come from?"

Jesus taught His disciples to trust the Holy Spirit in these moments. The Holy Spirit still teaches us today in those important critical moments. However, we have to listen. If our heads get too full of our own thoughts, it is pretty difficult to hear the lessons the Holy Spirit has prepared for us.

Trust ~ Listen ~ Respond

Listening,
Lon

No comments: