Sunday, February 04, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Pre-Game Build Up

Pre-Game Build Up

Mark 1:35
Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.

There is an awful lot of hype that precedes a sporting event like the Super Bowl! It seems that every angle is observed and reported upon. I have seen some very interesting, and sometimes bizarre, stories of the pre-game rituals that the athletes go through.

As spectators we all go through pre-game rituals, too. I start by reserving the use of the TV on my family's calendar of programs to watch. Next, I get my menu planned for during the game. I always sit in the same chair with the same blanket.

Each day in the life of a Christian is filled with real spiritual challenges. As a Christian facing today's big game, what is your pre-game ritual? Do you spend time huddling with our heavenly coach, Jesus? Do you prepare for the competition by reviewing the game plan, the Bible? Do you stretch out spiritually by spending time in prayer with the God that made us?

Let's prepare for today's contest!
Lon

No comments: