Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Calm in the Storm

Calm in the Storm

Matthew 8:24-26
Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!" He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

We are hunkered down waiting out a pretty significant winter storm here in central-Illinois. Schools and businesses are closed. Not much is moving outside except the gusting wind and the snow that it is moving into large drifts.

I am not afraid. I place my faith in the God that created all that exists. I place my trust in the God that can part waters, heal the sick, and walk on water. My faith is in the Jesus that was so unimpressed by the storm that he could find sleep in the midst of it. I trust the Jesus that with a word could calm the storm.

Calmly,
Lon

No comments: