Monday, June 30, 2008

"Preparing", by Rachel Smith

We are in the process of preparing for our summer vacation and I'm a little overwhelmed with the amount of work it takes to be gone. Pack clothes, clean the house, do the laundry, kennel the dog, pray my plants don't die…and the lists keep going and going (OH stop the mail!)

I wonder if this is the picture Jesus wanted us to have when he in the Gospel of John "I am going to prepare a place for you…"

I can't even imagine the preparations Christ is making for all of us to come to the father's house. After all there are many rooms and I only have one small place to clean!

As we all make arrangements for summer travel, remember that Christ too is preparing a place for you- are you ready to go?

John 14:1-4
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."

No comments: