Thursday, June 26, 2008

“You’re weird!”, by Rachel Smith

Those two little words proclaimed by a fellow little leaguer to my seven year old son cut me right to the heart. Kids sure can be mean. I wanted to rush in to his defense, but life is going to be full of people making unfounded statements about what we are or are not, so I waited.

My son paused, cocked his head side ways and grinned big, “I know” he laughed and trotted back to the dug out. He wasn’t crushed, he was complimented! He was proud to be singled out for acting differently then the pack.

No wonder Christ reminds us to be like children.

1 Peter 2 Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. (Emphasis mine)

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

No comments: