Monday, June 09, 2008

"Why we do it", by Rachel Smith

I play on a slow pitch softball team we organized through our church and boy have we been in a slump! In fact, we haven’t won a game all season. I will admit I was having a lot of fun despite the loosing and we were trying awful hard, but then last night I struck out. Not once, but three times! Talk about discouraging! I felt like quitting.

Then God reminded me why we play softball. We don’t play softball to play ball. We play softball to spend time together as a family. We laugh and tease each other and yes sometimes we get frustrated. But in those frustrating moments we encourage and love one another. The time and relationship building is why we play softball, and that is good. The harvest we reap may not put points on a scoreboard, but it will draw us closer to one another and Christ.

Galatians 6:9 (NLT)
So don’t get tired of doing what is good. Don’t get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.

No comments: