Friday, June 06, 2008

Email woes - part 1, by Rachel Smith

Email woes- part 1

I recently sent Lon an email that said, “I think there is a problem with my email account and I haven’t been sending/receiving emails properly, please respond.” In hindsight that was a pretty silly request. How can I expect Lon to respond to something I’m not entirely sure he is receiving?

Do we do this with God? Do we send up prayers just in case He might respond? Is prayer a way of hedging your bet? Of course we want to submit to God’s will, but His word tells us to ask in a way in which we believe we will receive.

While email may be unreliable, you can be confident that God’s mail system always works.

Mark 11:24

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

No comments: