Sunday, April 06, 2008

Guest Encourager: Rachel Smith - Numb

I sat down to do some work on the computer tonight and after about 20 minutes or so I realized I couldn't feel my foot. I had to make myself stand up and walk around with that 'pins and needles' feeling. At first it hurt, then it burned and then slowly I could feel my foot returning to it's normal state. We have all had a foot or arm fall asleep and experienced this loss of sensation.

After a google search, I've learned it's actually caused from pinching the nerves not from poor circulation. The signals are cut off between the foot and the brain. The brain is telling the foot what to do, but the foot can't understand the brain. (
http://kidshealth.org/kid/talk/qa/foot_asleep.html)

This reminds me of my relationship with Christ. While, I'm never cut off from my blood connection with Him, there are times I fall asleep and am unable to understand what He is trying to tell me. Usually the remedy is to get up and walk around a bit with Him.
Luke 24:15As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them;

No comments: