Sunday, April 20, 2008

Frustration

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

My frustration grows when my expectations aren't meant. That is, I set in my mind what I hope will happen and when reality fails to measure up, then my frustration begins.

If God is at work in all things for my good, then why am I frustrated? My frustration speaks a clear message to the Lord: "God, You don't know what You're doing!"

When life fails to measure up and we respond with frustration we are saying to God that we don't trust Him. We think we know better how life ought to work out. And we forget that God is at work in these very same circumstances with which we are frustrated.

Trust the Lord!
Lon


No comments: