Monday, April 28, 2008

"The Waiting Part", by Rachel Smith

I hate waiting. I can blame this on our culture or my personality, but no matter the cause I am just no good at waiting. I think it’s because it seems so passive to me. I picture someone with their hand on their hip tapping their toe just wasting time. I think of all the other things I could be doing, should be doing, but here I am stuck waiting.

It has occurred to me; maybe I have this picture all wrong. Maybe waiting is not an -in between the activities thing - but maybe waiting is the thing! What if instead of trying to occupy my waiting time with thoughts and to do lists, what if I just waited. The mental picture changes to a more active person on the edge of their seat. The thought of waiting becomes more useful and hopeful, even peaceful.

Maybe that’s why I’m tired so often, I don’t wait enough.

This week- I hope you have to wait some.

Isaiah 40:31 (King James Version) But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

No comments: