Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Troubled Heart

John 14:1
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

During the last few days my heart has been troubled. I'll try to explain how I believe this happened.

God richly blessed me in the days preceding my troubled heart. It doesn't take much for my focus on the Lord to turn to focus on myself. As my good friend Grant states it, "The easy way for the Devil to trip me up is to let me be successful!"

I got a little taste of success last week and I let it distract me. The trouble in my heart developed when I tried to follow up on "my success" under my own strength. I placed my trust in myself and began to fail at everything I attempted.

Jesus says that the antidote to a troubled heart is to trust Him. After all, it is the Lord that gifted me with the success in the first place!

Trust Jesus!
Lon

No comments: