Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Details, by Rachel Smith

Are you a crisis prayer-er? You know when things are going bad we throw a prayer up for some help. I did this for many years. Part of it was because I felt God was really too busy to hear about every little detail of every persons life and I know I was too busy when things were going good to stop and chat with God.

Then I reread Exodus. There are all these very detailed directions on how to do things. God is most certainly concerned with the details of our lives. He cares so much about how we do every little thing.

My prayers have turned more into daily worship. Praise to God.

Exodus 25:10-16
“And they shall make an ark of acacia wood; two and a half cubits shall be its length, a cubit and a half its width, and a cubit and a half its height. And you shall overlay it with pure gold, inside and out you shall overlay it, and shall make on it a molding of gold all around. You shall cast four rings of gold for it, and put them in its four corners; two rings shall be on one side, and two rings on the other side. And you shall make poles of acacia wood, and overlay them with gold. You shall put the poles into the rings on the sides of the ark, that the ark may be carried by them. The poles shall be in the rings of the ark; they shall not be taken from it. And you shall put into the ark the Testimony which I will give you.

3 comments:

Jarvis said...

You've mentioned what I believe is a wide-spread phenomenon--being too busy to chat with God, when things are going well.

I know a lot of people who consider God as more like their insurance agent God, you know, who you only contact when you have a claim? What is my deductible, and is it worth all the trouble of bothering Him with this 'incident'? After all, reporting this could cause my rates to go up, and I don't want to appear as a high risk liability. Maybe I should wait to contact Him for when I really need help. It's good to know however that our Premium was already paid in full, forever, and our policy is irrevocable, so report ALL claims!!!

Lon Alderman said...

And then when we go to make the call to the Agent, we seem to have misplaced His number. Or, we get a bad line where it's hard to have a good conversation.

Thanks, Jarvis and Rachel!
Lon

heiress said...

I think we call this FIRE INSURANCE.