Thursday, January 11, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Stronghold

Stronghold

Psalm 18:1-2
I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

For most of my life I lived oblivious (ignorant) to the spiritual forces active in this world. Like a blindfolded man on a battlefield, I walked recklessly through life. As my faith matures, the Holy Spirit has begun to show me the REAL world; the spiritual world.

I have a growing awareness of the spiritual battle that is raging all around us. However, this war is not fought like earthly battles. Instead, the battlefield is in our mind and in our hearts. The enemy attacks the way we think and tempts our hearts.

We are not alone in this battle. With the strength of the Lord we can withstand the attacks. We can take refuge behind the shield of God. We can find safety in His stronghold.

I love you, O LORD, my strength.

No comments: