Friday, January 05, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Master's Touch (1/5/07)

The Master's Touch

Mark 1:40-42
A man with leprosy came to [Jesus] and begged him on his knees, "If you are willing, you can make me clean." Filled with compassion, Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cured.

God's touch can bring immediate healing! However, it really is up to God. God's purposes are beyond our comprehension; therefore, it confuses us (regularly in my case) why He heals in one case and not in another.

I love how the man approached Jesus with the phrase "if you are willing". The man suggests by his request that Jesus is in control. And, it was God's will that was important. The man made his request, but submitted it to the authority of Jesus.

O how I long for the immediate healing for myself and others, but it is God's will to which I must submit. I must trust that God's ways are the right ways, even when they are beyond my comprehension.

Appeal ~ Submit ~ Trust

No comments: